Common Garage Door Issues
When to call a professional??
• My door squeaks when it opens and closes. Springs, rollers and hinges can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. Before calling a professional service technician, use a spray-on lubricant (recommended silicone spray lubricant). If the noise persists, call a professional garage door installer for service.
• The Cable is frayed. Contact a professional garage door dealer/installer. Do not attempt to remove, repair or adjust springs or cable. HIGH SPRING TENSION CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
• Garage door does not open smoothly, but in a jerky motion or with loud noises. This may be due to the lack of maintenance of the garage door or garage door opener. Consult a garage door dealer for a service check-up.
• When I push the button on my garage door remote, the garage door doesn’t open. This could be due to several issues. The most common is that your garage door remote may need the batteries replaced. The spring(s) may be broken or you may have a broken gear. Please consult your local garage door dealer for help.
• My garage door does not close all the way, but goes back up into the open position. An object may be blocking the path of the photo eye sensors of a garage door opener or the photo eye sensors of the opener may be misaligned.
• I have a black residue on the exterior of the garage door. These marks can be caused by lack of lubrication on the springs and/or garage door opener rail. Care for your garage door with an annual washing of the door to remove these marks.
• The bottom of my garage door has rust spots. Make sure to clean your garage door with water and soap to remove any debris that may remain on your garage door exterior.
Not every issue has an easy fix!
If you are not familiar with your garage door and garage door opener…
We understand that you may want to call a professional FIRST!
Call us today & schedule an appointment!